Update as of Monday 16 November 2020 with regards to Easing of Restrictions.
Published 16 November
We know that 2020 has been a challenging year for many of us. While this year we face a different Christmas to the one we’re all used to, please be assured that our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our customers, staff and retailers remains our steadfast priority.
Keeping you safe at Pacific Epping this Christmas
In line with this commitment, we continue to maintain a range of precautionary measures to help keep our community safe this Christmas. These include:
- A strengthened focus on disinfecting commonly touched areas
- Positioning of hand sanitiser stations at key points throughout the Centre
- Installation of signage and floor decals across parts of the Centre, reminding our community to keep 1.5 metres between themselves and others at all times, and to always wear their mask while in the Centre
In addition to these longstanding measures, this Christmas we’re also introducing some new safety initiatives. These include:
- Contactless wayfinding, allowing you to scan a QR code on your mobile to find any store in the Centre
- Social Distancing Ambassadors located throughout the Centre, to ensure our community is adhering to social distancing directives
- An Order and Collect service, allowing you to order from your preferred Pacific Epping stores and have your order delivered directly to your car. Visit here to find out more HERE.
- Extended pre-Christmas trading hours, giving you longer to shop.
How you can help
We’ll be doing all we can to keep our community safe this Christmas, but we also need your help. We ask that you continue to play your role in keeping our community safe. This means:
- Social distancing – always keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others
- Maintain personal hygiene by regularly washing your hands and using the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience
- Wear a face mask, unless you have a valid reason not to, and follow all government directives and advice
- Handle illness safely by coughing into your elbow or a tissue, and most importantly, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
Plan your visit this Christmas
To help you stay safe this Christmas, we strongly encourage you to plan your trip in advance and not linger unnecessarily in the Centre:
- Avoid visiting the Centre at peak times such as during the middle of the day from Thursday through to Sunday.
- Check store trading hours and individual conditions of entry in advance
- Take advantage of our Order and Collect service, which allows you to order from your preferred Pacific Epping stores and have your order delivered directly to your car.
Keeping Santa safe
Christmas is a little different this year. To find out more about the changes we’ve made to our Santa visits this year, please visit HERE.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation as we navigate this festive season together, and look forward to seeing you at Pacific Epping soon.
As we continue to navigate this quickly shifting COVID-19 period, we remain committed to keeping our community informed and providing a safe environment.
Pacific Epping remains open and trading, serving the essential and everyday needs of those that choose to visit us.
From Monday 9 November there will be changes at Pacific Epping as restrictions are eased across Metropolitan Melbourne.
The Victorian Government has announced a further easing of restrictions, which have a direct impact on the way Pacific Epping operates. We are pleased to be able to begin to welcome back permitted retailers from Monday 9 November.
At this stage, the following goods and services are permitted to reopen, operating in strict adherence to their COVIDSafe plans and density requirements.
- Our gym and fitness retailers will reopen on Monday 9 November, including for classes and personal training services, subject to a number of restrictions.
- Our cinema is reopening on Friday 13 November, admitting 20 customers per movie session, subject to a number of restrictions.
- Restrictions on our food and drink retailers has eased further:
- Indoor spaces can now welcome up to 40 patrons, subject to 4sqm per person. The cap of 10 people per indoor space remains.
- Outdoor spaces can now welcome up to 70 patrons, subject to 2sqm per person. The cap of 10 people per group remains for outdoor spaces.
These changes are in addition to those changes announced on Wednesday 28 October and from when the following goods and services have been open and trading, operating in strict adherence to their COVIDSafe plans and density requirements.
- Supermarkets and grocery shops, including all food and liquor shops
- Convenience stores and newsagents
- Medical centres for appointments that cannot be undertaken virtually
- Retailers working onsite for the purposes of fulfilling online orders
- Restaurants and cafes for delivery and contactless takeaway only
- Bank branches
- Medicare and/or Centrelink
- Laundry and dry cleaners
- Telecommunication services
- Maternity supplies
- Post offices
- Fuel retailing
- Hardware, building and garden supplies retailing for tradespeople
- Specialist stationery services for business use
- Disability and health equipment, mobility services
- Security services
- Building maintenance, cleaning
- Road transport (i.e. freight and couriers)
For further detail on what businesses can trade during easing restrictions, visit https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19.
As has been the case throughout the entire COVID-19 pandemic, the health and wellbeing of our customers, staff, retailers and contractors is our number one priority.
Alongside adherence to relevant COVIDSafe Plans, we continue to implement and maintain stringent precautionary measures to keep our entire community safe. These include:
- A strengthened focus on disinfecting commonly touched areas, sanitising high-touch points with high-grade disinfectant throughout the Centre.
- Ensuring that our cleaning principles adhere to the guidelines set by the Federal Government’s Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection for COVID-19 principles.
- Positioning permanent hand sanitisation stations at key points throughout the Centre.
- Placing Australian Government-issued information posters in our bathrooms, which outline crucial information on how you can help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Rolling out public hygiene advertisements across the Centre, reinforcing the preventative measures each of us should adopt.
- Installing signage and floor decals across parts of the Centre, reminding our community to keep 1.5 metres between themselves and others at all times, including when queuing or moving through the Centre.
- Adjusting air-conditioning systems to maximise the intake of fresh air, ensuring that quality air is circulated throughout the Centre.
- Reminding our community to adhere to government mandates to wear a face mask while outside of the home, unless there’s a valid reason not to.
- Working closely with our retail partners to help ensure that we are all playing our part to keep our shared environments safe.
While we are doing what we can to help protect the health of our community, we all have a part to play in keeping our community safe, and that means:
- Planning your trip in advance of your visit to Pacific Epping.
- Practising social distancing while you’re at the Centre, always keeping at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Maintaining a high level of personal hygiene. Wash your hands regularly (take advantage of our hand sanitisation stations located throughout the Centre) and safely cover your cough or sneeze.
- Wear a face mask, unless you have a valid reason not to, and follow all government directives and advice.
- Most importantly, stay at home if you are feeling unwell, are awaiting test results, or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
As always, we are closely monitoring public health updates and regularly review the range of measures we have implemented to help keep our community safe and are prepared to respond quickly should we need to. Once again, the health and safety of our community is our overriding priority.
Pacific Epping’s Social Distancing Ambassadors
We’re pleased to be able to welcome specially selected Social Distancing Ambassadors to Pacific Epping. These Ambassadors will roam our malls and provide a reminder of the need to keep a 1.5 metre distance from others.
Our dedicated Ambassadors, dressed in an easily identifiable uniform, are trained to offer friendly and approachable direction to both customers and retailers around correct social distancing and responsible queuing. By fielding questions and reminding visitors to the Centre to maintain social distancing, these roving Ambassadors will relieve pressure in our malls.
Our security, cleaning and customer service staff will also take on the responsibility of dispensing social distancing advice to ensure maximum coverage across the Centre.
If you choose to visit us during this time, please remember that you must wear a face mask at all times when visiting our Centre, unless:
- You are under 12
- You have a medical condition that prohibits the wearing of a face covering
- It’s not practical
- For professional
To help keep our entire community safe, please be sure to bring an appropriate face mask with you when you next visit Pacific Epping.
We have implemented a number of measures to assist us and our community in adhering to this directive, including:
- All Centre staff and contractors will be required to wear face masks while at work, unless they have a valid reason not to.
- Signage that clearly reminds our community they must adhere to the government mandate and not enter the Centre without a face mask unless they are exempt.
- Close work with local Police in monitoring our community’s adherence to this directive, generally reminding our community of this new directive and asking those that aren’t wearing face masks, without a valid reason, to leave the Centre.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding as we all adjust to these rigorous new measures and navigate the changes together with kindness and compassion.
Where to buy a face mask at Pacific Epping
The retailers listed below stock face masks, however, please note stock availability is not guaranteed due to the current high demand. We recommend contacting the store before you visit to check whether they have face masks in stock.
Planning your visit
While there are no longer restrictions on reasons to leave home, as part of the restrictions in place in Metropolitan Melbourne, you can only travel up to 25km from your home. Please keep this in mind if you are planning on visiting Pacific Epping. For more information on the Victorian restrictions, we encourage you to visit https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/stage-4-restrictions-covid-19.
If you’re planning on visiting Pacific Epping, it’s important to plan your trip in advance to help keep our community safe. Here are some things to think about when planning your visit:
- Avoid visiting the Centre at peak times
- Check store trading hours and individual conditions of entry in advance
- Pre-book health and other appointments
- Wear a face mask
- Consider if you can utilise our Order and Collect service
- Most importantly, if you are feeling unwell or are awaiting test results, stay at home and seek medical advice.
For more information on things you should consider to ensure a safe and pleasant shopping experience at Pacific Epping, click here for more details: Covid Safe Update.
While we are continuing to assess the evolving situation, and are prepared to respond if necessary, Pacific Epping trading hours are as follows:
Monday: 9am – 5:30pm
Tuesday: 9am – 5:30pm
Wednesday: 9am – 5:30pm
Thursday: 9am – 9pm
Friday: 9am – 9pm
Saturday: 9am – 5pm
Sunday: 10am – 5pm
Our Guest Service Desk located near Woolworths in the H&G Mall is open to assist with information on services, gift card purchases and retailer details. Staffed hours are as follows:
Further Store Updates
- Aldi open Monday-Friday 8:30am until 10pm, Saturday & Sunday 8:30am-7pm.
- Coles open Monday-Sunday 7am until 10pm
- Woolworths open Monday-Sunday 7am until 10pm
- Target open Monday-Friday 8am-10pm, Saturday & Sunday 8am-8pm
- Big W open Monday-Friday 8am-10pm, Saturday & Sunday 8:30am-7pm. Store Click & Collect service available.
- Reading Cinemas closed until further notice.
We will continue to provide updates in real time as they evolve.