Wednesday, 6 February 2013
- 1kg chicken thigh or breast fillets cut in 3cm cubes
- 425g can peeled tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped
- 1 tub of tomato paste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Marjoram
- 1 bay leaf
- 15 black pitted olives
Heat oil in a large saucepan and saute chicken pieces until light brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add onion and garlic to pan and saute until softened.
Spoon in tomato paste, crushed stock cube, white wine, peeled tomatoes (undrained), black pepper, Oregano, Marjoram and bay leaf. Stir until boiled.
Return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf.
Serve scattered with halved olives and accompanied by fettucine.