Thursday, 7 February 2013
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 1 x 420g can peeled tomatoes
- 140g can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1kg fresh seafood marinara mix
Saute the onion and garlic in a small amount of oil in a large frying pan.
Add the peeled tomatoes undrained and paste, herbs and wine.
Cook for 30 minutes adding salt and pepper to taste. Meanwhile cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water and drain.
When the sauce is cooked add the marinara mix and simmer for 10 minutes.
Spoon marinara sauce over the top of spaghetti in serving bowls. Sprinkle with lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired.