Recipes to Inspire Your Week!
Get inspired with live cooking demonstrations.
Every Thursday from 10am – 2pm at the H&G mall.
See Brett’s weekly menu for this Thursday 13th Sept, enjoy!
Beef & Vegetable Lettuce Wraps
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 300g beef mince
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ heads mini cos lettuce, stem ends trimmed about 16-20 leaves
- 1/4 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add half the oil and brown the beef for 3-4 minutes, stirring to break up any large chunks. Season to taste with salt and pepper, remove the beef from the pan to a plate.
Return the pan to the heat and add remaining oil. Add the garlic, celery and cabbage and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often or until the vegetables are slightly tender. Add the hoisin sauce, return the meat to the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
Stir in the bean sprouts, carrot and spring onion and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the mixture from the heat.
Fill the lettuce leaves with the beef mixture and garnish with the coriander. Serve immediately with the sweet chilli sauce.
Serve and enjoy!
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 400g snapper fillets
- 60ml (1/4 cup) white wine
- 1 jar Tomato puree sauce
- 100g sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 100g pitted black olives
- 2 tbs baby salted capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
Heat the oil in a large non stick frying pan over a high heat, add the snapper and sear for 2 minutes (skin side down)
Turn the snapper over and add the wine and simmer until almost evaporated.
Add the tomato sauce, sun dried tomatoes, olives, capers and oregano, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Roughly tear the basil leaves and stir through.
Snapper can also be diced at the beginning and served through a pasta – this is also VERY YUMMY!
Serve and enjoy!
Chicken Simmer with Mushroom
- 4 whole chicken legs skin on or 8 chicken thighs with bone
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 425g or similar size can diced tomatoes
- 1cup chicken stock
- 140g tub tomato paste
- 250g button mushrooms, cut in half
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 750g-1 kg baby ‘chat’ potatoes
- 1 cup freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
Cut chicken legs (if using) in half through the joint into thighs and drum sticks.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan until hot, add chicken and brown both sides. Remove onto a plate.
Lower heat, fry onions, garlic and oregano, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes until onions soften.
Add tomatoes, stock and paste, stir until sauce boils, return chicken, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, drain and return to pan. Toss in parsley, adding some extra oil to moisten.
Heat remaining oil in a medium saucepan. Stir-fry mushrooms, over high heat for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Spoon over chicken, cook a further 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with potatoes. Accompany with a tossed rocket salad. Serves 4.
Serve and enjoy!